Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Creative post- Letter to the Woman Hanging from the Thirteenth Floor

My heart goes out to you; the mother of Carlos, Margaret, and Jimmy. It hurts for you, because you have abandoned any motivation you once had to live. I know there is so much I must learn about you, but from this piece of poetry I hear the cry a helpless woman. One who does not feel loved, but quite the contrary- vulnerable and controlled. My heart aches for you, a woman who rather than having a helper for a husband, has a man who has wounded the very person you were. Rather than feeling belittled, be there for the family in your life, strong and dependent on God. I understand freedom is one of the most highly valued qualities that any human will ever desire. However, don’t let the oppression you currently feel make you give up. I heard a quote today, “Don’t feel your way into actions, act your way into feelings.” Can death really seem better than living? I never quite understood that. Perhaps, it’s because I have the joy of the Lord in my life, and His peace that passes all of my confusion. You, can receive that to the fullest as well. I beg you to come down off of that thirteenth floor window. There is so much to live for! Life is a precious gift, and you will learn to see it that way. Please leave the past, and know that you have a great future in front of you. The voices that beg you to jump, are lies that are taunting you. The soft cries begging you to join the ground in which you stare at are deceiving you. Consider each of your children. My heart aches for your children, and for your parents with whom you share fond memories. You are a daughter, a mother, a wife, a friend to somebody.  I beg of you, don’t be selfish. Loneliness does not need to be the answer. You will appreciate the beauty in your life once again. Find your identity in the Lord. He is the answer for hope in your life.
-Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment