Wednesday, March 2, 2011

creative...

To the lyric writer of It Is Well With My Soul
When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
                When sorrows like sea billows roll;
                Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
                It is well, it is well, with my soul.
How do you do it? How do you go on with your life after the suffering you have experienced? Not only go on with life, but live it with peace and understanding that the Lord had a purpose in all of it. The shock and distress you must have felt is completely covered by the stillness that flows through the words It Is Well With My Soul. I have heard this song over and over in church. I must have sung it a hundred times.  However, for you, this song tells a story- it tells of your life that dramatically changed in a split second. You lost your son. Then you lost your four daughters on a ship accident. It astounds me that you did not focus on the sorrows that this life offered you. Instead, you turned to the Lord. It truly is inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment